Section 133 Code of Civil Procedure, Section 133 of CPC
133. Exemption of other persons.—1[(1) The following persons shall be entitled to exemption from personal appearance in Court, namely:—
(i) the President of India;
(ii) the Vice-President of India;
(iii) the Speaker of the House of the People;
(iv) the Ministers of the Union;
(v) the Judges of the Supreme Court;
(vi) the Governors of States and the administrators of Union territories;
(vii) the Speakers of the State Legislative Assemblies;
(viii) the Chairman of the State Legislative Councils;
(ix) the Ministers of States;
(x) the Judges of the High Courts; and
(xi) the persons to whom section 87B applies.]
2* * * * *
(3) Where any person 3*** claims the privilege of such exemption, and it is consequently necessary to examine him by commission, he shall pay the costs of that commission, unless the party requiring his evidence pays such costs.
1. Subs. by Act 66 of 1956, s. 12, for sub-section (1) (w.e.f. 1-1-1957).
2. Sub-section (2) omitted by Act 66 of 1956, s. 12 (w.e.f. 1-1-1957).
3. The words “so exempted” omitted by s. 12, ibid.